We have a knowledgeable team of Immigration attorneys, handling cases in a variety of areas, such as:
- Asylum: If you are unable or unwilling to return to your home country because of persecution or a well-founded fear of persecution on account of race, religion, nationality, membership in a particular social group, or political opinion. Cunningham Lopez LLP can help you with your affirmative or defense asylum case.
- Adjustment of Status: Some people are able to adjust their status to lawful permanent resident from the United States. This process is called adjustment of status. Call Cunningham Lopez LLP to see whether you can adjust your status.
- Cancellation of Removal: If you are in immigration court, there are remedies that can be available to allow you to cancel your removal. Call us to determine other remedies you can apply when you are in immigration proceedings.
- Consular Process: If you have a family member that lives abroad and will like to come live permanently, they will need to consular process to become a lawful permanent resident. There are also people that are in the United States that must consular process because their entry t the United States was unlawful. Call us to determine whether your family member must consular process.
- Deportation Defense: If you or someone you know could be deported, it is absolutely essential to secure sound legal representation to fight this possibility. It is your right to stand up for yourself and stop the process of deportation. An attorney can greatly increase your chances of receiving a favorable outcome.
- Family-based Petitions: If you are a U.S. citizen or a lawful permanent resident, you may file an immigrant petition for a parent, spouse, sibling, adult child (married or unmarried) and minor child.
- Investor Visas: Many countries have treaties with the United States permitting legal non-immigrant status in the U.S. for an investor or trader, or their employees. Foreign investors who wish to enter the United States to make or oversee their investments, including the purchase of a business, are able to do so under certain conditions. These cases a very complex and an experienced attorney is greatly recommended. Let Cunningham Lopez LLP guide you through this difficult process.
- Naturalization: If you are a lawful permanent resident, you might be able to become a U.S. citizen. There are also times when you might have acquired naturalization from your parents. Call us to determine whether you qualify to become U.S. citizen.
- Petitions to Remove Conditions on Permanent Resident Card: If you obtained a conditional green card through marriage, you probably received a Conditional Permanent Resident card valid for two years. When the two-year period expires, your permanent residence status experience. To avoid this you must file Form I-751, Petition to Remove Conditions of Residence. If you submit it too late, you risk missing your expiration date entirely.
- Tourist Visas: If you or a family member wants to come to the United States temporary for leisure, they must file for a B-2, tourist visa.
- U-Visas: If you have been a victim of a crime in the United States and have been helpful with law enforcement, you may be able to qualify for a non-immigrant visa which is set aside for victims of crimes (and their immediate family member) who have suffered substantial mental or physical abuses and are willing to assist law enforcement.
- VAWA (Violence Against Women Act): If you have been a victim of domestic violence by a spouse, parent, or child, you may qualify for Violence Against Women Act (VAWA). VAWA allows battered immigrants to petition for legal status in the United States without relying on abusive U.S. Citizen or legal permanent resident spouses, parents or children to sponsor their Adjustment of Status (Form I-485) applications.
"I am very grateful for their efficiency, professionalism and good work. I personally have recommended family and friends, because I have liked their treatment and excellent service. Good luck to all of you; I have always thought that good work dignifies the individual and society."
-G.M., Immigration Client
"First of all, I would like to thank Attorney Geraldine A. and the whole team at Cunningham Lopez for all the help I have received in my case. With her dedication and knowledge of the subject, everything went well. Very professional and very experienced in the field of immigration, My family and I were very satisfied with the work done. Again, thank you very much ..."
-L.C., Immigration Client
"I had a great experience with the Cunningham Lopez firm. I was always informed of every step during the process and they always had all the answers for my questions. They helped me change my status in less than 5 months and I couldn't be happier with them. I highly recommend them."
-G.V., Immigration Client