Immigration Law

VAWA (Violence Against Women Act)

If you have been a victim of domestic violence by a spouse, parent, or child, you may qualify for the Violence Against Women Act (VAWA). VAWA allows battered immigrants to petition for legal status in the United States without relying on abusive U.S.citizensn or legal permanent resident spouses, parents, or children to sponsor their Adjustment of Status (Form I-485) applications.